Teacher Resources Online
Level Up Online is a teacher facilitated, classroom based character education and social emotional learning program for middle school and high school students that provides strategies for students to build their future in an ever-changing world.
Module A: Level Up Online Program (Phase 1-6) 14 Lessons
Module B: Character Lesson Library (24 Lessons)
Module C: Expert Interviews (22 Interviews)
Simple and Easy to Use
1. Choose the program that meets your needs.
2. Teaching Training and Certification.
3. Begin the Program Using the Lessons as Resources.
How the 6 Pillars of Social Emotional Learning Prepares Students to be Future-Ready
Engaging, Motivating Videos, Prepare Students for College, Career and Beyond.
%22Level Up%22 Book Written with 16 Years of Researching Industry Leaders
Level Up Online is a teacher facilitated, classroom based character education and social emotional learning program for middle school and high school students designed to reduce school failure and dropout rate by enhancing school achievement, discipline, motivation and results. Our curriculum provides strategies for students to build their future in an ever-changing world, with a student driven framework (online lessons and student workbooks) to encourage student motivation, innovation and success. The program promotes interpersonal and intrapersonal values, while providing the students with learning strategies that assist students to create new and effective habits and study skills that bolster their self-esteem as they see improvements with their academics, personal and social development.
Program Type-Our cognitive behavioral intervention programs can be customized to meet the individual needs of each School District, with an online learning component (videos and PDF worksheets for students and teacher use), a gaming component to motivate learning, Level Up book, Character by Design workbooks, teacher lesson plans and student activities all with the most current brain-research and neuroscience techniques.
Program Setting- Classroom
Individuals served: School administrators, teachers, coaches, councilors and students can all use the Level Up curriculum for results. Since the program has an online component, students can access the program from home or the library. Risk and protective factors: individual, peer, family, school, and community influences that predict at least one key developmental outcome.
Age Level: adolescence (12-18 years) Middle and High School and early adulthood (19-22).
Gender: Male and Female
Race: All race/ethnicity
Evaluations throughout: students and teachers are asked to complete short surveys on their opinion of the program, its effectiveness and results.
Teacher Focus Groups and Feedback: Teacher and student feedback is crucial to the improvement and delivery of the program. Students can provide comments and feedback as they move through the online program. Teachers that have ideas and suggestions are encouraged to share them with the provider for continual growth of the program. At the end of each year, a meeting is scheduled to provide suggestions and feedback of all that went well, as well as ideas for improvements. Teachers have weekly email communications with the provider for the entire year and can easily reply to those emails with ideas, suggestions or feedback.
Training- Teachers are certified at the start of their program on the Level Up curriculum. In this 4 hour online or live training, teachers walk through the entire year content, outcomes, and online portal. At the end of the training, teachers are ready to get started with their students using their Quickstart Guide.
Evaluation Methodology- Currently, Level Up Online administers pre and posttests to evaluate students before and after the program. We are currently expanding our research team to begin randomized studies.
Level Up Lessons Correlated to AZ CCR and Common Core Standards Jumpstart to Success is correlated to Arizona’s College and Career Readiness Standards (ELA, Social Studies, Science and Technical Studies) and our online component is designed to prepare students for the NEW AZ Merit Assessment as we prepare our students for building their knowledge across the disciplines, academic vocabulary, increased rigor and providing evidence in their writing that doesn’t reply on prior knowledge.
Preferred Vendor for Character Education in Arizona 2014/15 ENDORSEMENTS
AchieveIT360’s Jumpstart to Success Program, closely follows ARS 15-154.01 and is aligned to The National Registry of Evidence Based Programs and Practices (SAMHA) in the area of mental health. (no rating needed for this registry).
- Level Up Online is aligned with the Blueprints promising program rating with an impact on academic performance, school attendance, pro-social behavior, cognitive development, post-secondary education, physical health and well-being. In 2014 we introduced a Control Group to our evaluation methodology to meet their evaluation criteria.
- Member of Character Education Partnerships (CEP) http://character.org/ recognized for AchieveIT360’s Character Education program, Jumpstart to Success programs and Level Up book based on the most current brain research and neuroscience techniques.
Program Information Contact and Developer- Andrea Samadi [email protected]
JUMPSTART TO SUCCESS CHARACTER EDUCATION/SOCIAL EMOTIONAL LEARNING PROGRAM Outcomes- The program impacts the following areas:
- College, Career- Postsecondary education Preparation
- Academic Performance
- Cognitive Development
- School Attendance
- Pro-social Behavior
- Physical Health and Well-Being
- Social-Emotional Learning Strategies (Mindset, Responsible Decision-Making, Self-Awareness, Social-Awareness, Self-Regulated Learning, and Relationship Skills)
- Character Education
PROGRAMS Middle and High School Program- Jumpstart to Success is designed to motivate middle and high school students to learn new learning strategies to help them improve their academics, personal life, relationships, and career outlook. Jumpstart to Success evaluates student’s thinking BEFORE they begin the program in terms of College and Career Readiness, Character and Social Emotional Learning and AFTER the program is completed, in addition to quasi-experimental evaluations throughout the program. Jumpstart to Success tracks student outcomes in the following areas in our online Learning Management System.
- Understanding strengths and highly developed intelligences
- The importance of a winning attitude for a successful future
- New learning strategies for success
- Why understanding the three main parts of the brain can help them with improved thinking and learning
- How and why to set goals
- How to motivate yourself towards a task or goal
- The importance of understanding your values
- The importance of understanding positive self-image strategies
- How to handle criticism
- How to survive peer pressure
- How to prepare for your future
- For their students to be College and Career Ready by the time they are seniors
- EVERY senior applies for University or College.
- Every freshman uses, understands and applies 17 Character Attributes
- Students are exposed to ethics education so they can learn to make better decisions.
- Expect to succeed
- Know that success is attainable
- Eliminate failure mentality
- Improve their mindset
- Include parent involvement
LEVEL UP COMPLETE PROGRAM- consists of a Customizable Online LMS Moodle portal with videos, PDF worksheets for students and teachers, Level Up book and Character by Design Attribute Worksheets.
- Online LMS Platform- students and teachers can login easily to access the online portion of the program that can be used either as a classroom discussion tool, or as a standalone tool for students to work through the program independently.
- Students receive badges for character attributes they have worked on, and teachers can access all student work in the gradebook to get an overall look of their student’s knowledge, skill level and thought processes.
- Reporting tools are available for teachers and parents can access this portal at home to view student lessons and progress as well.
2. Short Animated Videos– (2-3 minutes) accompany each lesson, with a PDF worksheet and teacher lesson plan to dive deeper into each topic area.
Kent Healy, the co-author of “The Success Principles for Teens” gives some advice on Time Management and Success.
3. PDF Worksheets for each Character Attribute (attentiveness, wisdom, caring, forgiveness, generosity, responsibility, diligence, compassion, trustworthiness, virtue, citizenship, gratefulness, sincerity, wisdom, orderliness, respect, empathy, kindness, teamwork, honesty, co-operation, integrity, and perseverance).
4. Celebrity Video Interviews– (NEW videos are added each month for fresh ideas and content). Some character lessons have video interviews to accompany the lesson. AchieveIT360 interviewed some well-known celebrities, and world and business leaders, TV Celebrities from “NBC Shark Tank” and regular everyday people to drive home the attribute in a motivating and memorable way. Here are some attributes and the Interview connected to teach, explain and begin discussion on each attribute in a motivating and inspiring manner.
Here is a preview of the Character Education component (videos that accompany the PDF worksheets online).
- COMPASSION-Tiffany Krumins (Season 1 Success Story from NBC Shark Tank) with her story of how she invented Ava the Elephant. She offers some tips for young people who may have an idea that can help others by sharing her story of how she invented Ava the Elephant, and received funding to launch it. She shares how she took her passion for children and turned it into a business where she can expand her reach to young people around the world. Click here to see video.
- WISDOM– Bob Proctor (Best Selling Author and Motivational Speaker) offers some tips of how he has earned his wisdom from studying the same topic (success) for over 50 years. He advises young people to take out a pen and write out a goal that they really want. This short video inspires students to take action. Click here to see video.
- INITIATIVE– 17 year old Houston Gunn (author of the book, How I Plan to Graduate from High school a Millionaire) shares his success tips for students on how to take initiative, and never give up. See his image to the right with Donald Trump who endorsed his book. He shares how he took initiative to get Donald Trump to endorse his book by sending out 100 emails. One person replied-Donald Trump. The rest is history! Click here to see video.
4. INITIATIVE– another video with 13 year old Ryan Kelly of Ryan’s Ruffery (another NBC Shark Tank Success Story) speaks of how he started his business idea, landed an investor and continues to build a business while he is in school. He shares how it all started with a project he did in Junior Achievement at school and then he was urged to take his idea to Shark Tank to find an investor. Barbara Corcoran saw his vision. Click here to see video.
5. DILIGENCE– Scott Isbell, talent manager of the band, Wu Tang Clan, provides an interview on how to overcome obstacles. He auditioned for the TV show “The Voice” and didn’t make it, but has done well with finding his pathway to success. Scott shares the importance of never giving up and pivoting to try new things when something doesn’t work out. Click here to see video.
6. CITIZENSHIP- Doug Wead, the former assistant to President Bush (Junior and Senior) and Presidential Historian (author of over 30 books) provided us with an insightful interview on “The Greatest Presidents in History” This video interview has a student and teacher information sheet so teachers can have a sneak peak of Wead’s answers and ideas in this powerful look at the US Presidents. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to hear straight from someone who has worked in the White House, some interesting stories we would never know about our US Presidents. One interesting fact. George Washington never smiled. Not because he was miserable, but because he was self-conscious that he had wooden teeth! Click here to see video.
Level Up Book-Level Up is a proven blueprint for students who have the goal of improving their overall results with their academics, sports and paving a path to an exciting future. The book correlates to the online program and can be used as a supplement for student activities, discussion and reinforcement of the content within the classroom setting.
Level Up Lessons Correlated to AZ CCR and Common Core Standards
Phase 1– GET READY- Get Set and Go! GET STARTED WITH YOUR GOALS and SUCCESS BLUEPRINT.
Phase 2– ENGAGE YOUR BRAIN-YOUR ATTITUDE, LEARNING STRATEGIES, MIND-BOGGLING BRAIN FACTS.
Phase 3– MIND IN GEAR-GOAL SETTING/ACHIEVING THE CONFIDENCE FORMULA RESPONSIBILITY and YOUR FUTURE
Phase 4– START MOVING-BLAST THROUGH YOUR HABITS, SELF-MOTIVATION, FINDING YOUR COURAGE.
Phase 5- DODGE THE OBSTACLES- HOW TO HANDLE CRITICISM, HOW TO AVOID PEER PRESSURE.
Phase 6-YOU’RE DOING IT! MAKE A DIFFERENCE in your LIFETIME
- ARIZONA CHARACTER EDUCATION PROGRAM based on the 17 Character Attributes (and attributes to match your School District and Region).
- EXPERT INTERVIEWS
Preparing Students to Be Future-Ready
Sign up for a program that meets your needs today!
A consultant will call you to customize a quote for you.
Level Up for Students (Summer and Academic Year)Best Value
- Level Up Student Jumpstart to Success Package consists of the 6 Phases of the Level Up book, Character Library, Expert Interviews and Student Class Roster.
Level Up Your Summer (60 Lessons)6 Week Summer Program
- Choose from Level Up Program, Character Lesson Library and Expert Interviews
REQUEST A 15 MINUTE CONSULTATION
AchieveIT360 Consultants can walk you through the online program by sharing screens in 15 minutes. We would love to hear from you about what program you are currently using, what your goals for your students are.